BTEC Body Massage
|15 Days Course
What is BTEC
The Business and Technology Education Council (BTEC) is a provider of secondary school leaving qualifications and further education qualifications. The BTEC Extended Diploma qualification represents a vocational alternative to A Levels or IB (whereas BTEC First courses are equivalent to GCSEs). Currently BTEC qualifications are offered by the Pearson Edexcel Exam Board.
Body Massage BTEC
On completion of this unit, participants will be rewarded with a BTEC Certificate and will have the knowledge and skills in body massage and be able to apply them at the workplace. These include:
- Be able to prepare for a body massage
- Be able to provide for a body massage
BTEC Body Massage
This unit will enable learners to develop practical massage skills, plus the associated knowledge and understanding that will provide an invaluable foundation for other related body treatments.
Learners will study:
- The preparation procedures needed for body massage, including preparing themselves, the client and work area, performing client consultations and selecting products, tools and equipment.
- How to perform body massage treatments following health and safety working practices.
- How to adapt treatments to suit individual client needs, the uses of the five classical massage movements and uses of different massage mediums.
- Post-treatment procedures, such as providing aftercare advice and recording results.
- The underpinning theory associated with body massage treatments, including anatomy and physiology, from skin types and conditions to types of body fat and postural faults, the effects of massage treatments, potential contraindications which could restrict or prevent treatment, and the contractions that could result from treatments.
This unit will give learners the opportunity to perform body massage treatments on a range of different clients and provide the practical experience to help them gain employment.
Participants who fulfil all the requirements and access as competent will receive a Certificate of Unit Achievement issue by Pearson BTEC.
Other BTEC courses include Laser & Light Treatment for Skin Rejuvenation.
Course Provider: Singapore Spa Institute Pte Ltd
Course Reference Number: TGS-2021006473
Mode Of Training: Classroom
Funding Validity Period: Until 30 May 2024
|FULL COURSE FEE
|Singaporean above 40 yo
|Singaporean below 40 yo/ PR
Available in: English