Computer Essential (Windows)
This module sets out essential concepts and skills relating to the use of devices, file creation and management, networks, and data security.
On completion of this module the candidate will be able to:
- Understand key concepts relating to ICT, computers, devices and software.
- Start up and shut down a computer.
- Work effectively on the computer desktop using icons, windows.
- Adjust the main operating system settings and use built-in help features.
- Create a simple document and print an output.
- Know about the main concepts of file management and be able to efficiently organise files and folders.
- Understand key storage concepts and use utility software to compress and extract large files.
- Understand network concepts and connection options and be able to connect to a network.
- Understand the importance of protecting data and devices from malware, and the importance of backing up data.
- Recognise considerations relating to green IT, accessibility, and user health.
Who Should Attend This Course
This course is intended for learners with basic abilities in using computers and ICT tools who want to deepen their understanding of ICT concepts and skills.
The learner must be able to:
- read, write, speak and understand English (Work Place Literacy Level 4 – lower secondary level)
- operate a computer and use input devices such as the keyboard and mouse
- Course Code AC14
- Duration 2 days (16 hours of training), 9:00am - 6:00pm
- Level All levels
Computers and Devices
Desktop, Icons, Settings
Security and Well-Being