Effective Workplace Communication
Improving Communication in the Workplace
Effective Workplace Communication course helps professionals in improving their communication skills in the workplace. Effective communication skills at work helps create positive work relationships with business associates and among colleagues. This workshop helps professionals learn simple and practical ways to improve communication at the workplace.
Effective Workplace Communication (Synchronous e-learning)
- Understand and appreciate the purpose and value of communication.
- Identify 4 communication styles; strengths and weaknesses.
- Communicate effectively with people of different communication styles.
- Create the ‘zone’ for effective communication.
- Use the appropriate communication tool in the workplace.
- Manage a ‘gossip moment’ without getting into trouble.
- Deal with difficult conversations confidently.
- Communication at work
– What is effective communication?
– Characteristics of good communication at the workplace
- People and personalities
– People are uniquely different
– Understand your communication style and others’
– Understand and recognise the strength and weaknesses of the different styles
– Adapt communication style to strengthen work relationship
- The science of communication
– Recognise how words influence thoughts
– Use the right word for the right occasion
– Impact of non-verbal language on communication
- A structured conversation
– Having a structured conversation framework
– Practice, practice, practice
- Discovering unconscious communication
– Understand our communication filters
– Develop probing question to make conscious the unconscious
- Manage a challenging/ difficult conversation confidently
– Identify the emotional state
– Confirm the demonstrated negative behaviour
– Move towards an objective solution
- Course Reference Number CRS-N-0028017
- Duration 1 Day
- Mode of Training Classroom/Online
EON Consulting & Training Pte Ltd