Emotional Intelligence in a Diverse Service Environment
Emotional Intelligence in a Diverse Service Environment addresses the skills and knowledge required to handle diversity. This EQ course includes recognising the importance of inclusiveness, demonstrating the use of emotional intelligence and resilience to handle diversity in the service environment, and monitoring one’s actions in handling diversity.
This course can be one of the modules to attain WSQ Certificate in Service Excellence.
Demonstrate Resilience in a Diverse Service Environment through Emotional Intelligence
This course is designed to develop the learner’s knowledge, understanding and skills in handling diversity and inclusivity issues in his/her daily interactions with co-workers and customers at the workplace. Learners will be required to understand the key terms and concepts of diversity and inclusion, identify possible issues that may arise at the workplace and strategize appropriate responses to these while taking account of tripartite guidelines.
- Define the term ‘diversity’.
- Give examples of positive and negative stereotyping.
- Give examples of how diversity can benefit society.
- State the difference between discrimination and prejudice.
- List the areas of discrimination covered by tripartite guidelines.
- Give an example of direct discrimination.
- Give an example of indirect discrimination.
- Define the term culture.
- Define inclusiveness.
- List individual differences.
- Give examples of diversity in the workplace.
- Identify and respond positively to potential issues with co-workers.
- Identify and respond positively to potential issues with customers.
- Reflect on appropriateness of own responses to potential issues
Participants who fulfil all requirements will receive a Statement of Attainment (SOA) issued by the SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG).
- Course Reference Number TGS-2020505116
- Duration 1 Day
- Mode of Training Classroom
Sixth Sense Beauty Pte. Ltd.