- List and compare different types of computer: personal computer, laptop computer, all in one, media player, smart phone, tablet.
- Identify and understand different components: system unit, monitor, mouse, keyboard.
- Start the computer and log on securely using a user name and password.
- Understand functions of a mouse: select items, move items, issue commands to computer.
- Understand how to use the mouse: click, double-click, move with click and drag.
- Understand mouse pointer shapes: click to enter text (I Beam), point, computer busy, hyperlink here.
- Use click and drag to move selected items on the screen.
- Understand that the keyboard is a mode of data entry and a method of giving commands to computer.
- Understand and use keys on the keyboard like: letters and numbers, enter, backspace, shift, space bar, caps lock, delete.