Introduction to Word Processing & Excel Spreadsheet
Introduction to Word Processing & Excel Spreadsheet sets out essential concepts and skills relating to effective computer use, basic desktop management, creating and editing documents and spreadsheets, and communication via web searches and e-mail.
On completion of this module the candidate will be able to:
- Understand computer concepts around hardware and software.
- Identify health, environment and security considerations when using computers.
- Manage basic desktop settings and manage files and folders.
- Create, save, edit and format a word processing document.
- Create, save, edit and format a spreadsheet document.
- Search for information on the web, create and edit bookmarks.
- Send and reply to e-mails and manage file attachments.
Who Should Attend This Course
This course is intended for learners with little knowledge and skills in using ICT tools such as operating a computer, browsing the Internet and communicating using email.
The learner must be able to:
- read, write, speak and understand English (Work Place Literacy Level 4 – lower secondary level)
- operate a computer and use input devices such as the keyboard and mouse
- learners without these skills may consider Introduction to Computer and Internet.
Note: For more advanced Microsoft Software courses, please visit Learn Microsoft Office
- Course Code AC12
- Duration 2 days (16 hours of training), 9:00am - 6:00pm
- Level All levels
Desktop and Managing Files