Part of the Leadership and People Management courses, Lead Team aims to equip the learners with the skillsets for leading teams. Build team leaders in the development of business unit strategies, operational plans and corporate governance management to meet organizational needs. It also includes providing direction and guidance to team leaders through regular engagement, modelling of leadership and expected behaviours.
WSQ LPM – Lead Team Leaders to Develop Business Strategies and Governance Management
- Impart organisation values and articulate them to team leaders with effective communicative techniques via appropriate communication channels.
- Facilitate the development and implementation of business unit strategies and governance processes.
- Apply emotional competence to provide guidance and support to team leaders in achieving team goals.
- Demonstrate leadership in promoting compliance with governance requirements.
Course Content: Leading Teams
Align With Organisational Goals, Culture And Value
- Corporate guideposts
- Factors affecting organisational culture
- Types of organisational culture
- The pyramid of plans
- Trends and issues affecting organisation and team
Develop Business Unit Strategies And Team Plans
- Develop process for business strategies
- Scan the business environment
- BCG Matrix (Business Strategies)
- P.O.L.A.R. (Operational Plans)
Apply Emotional Competence To Provide Guidance And Support
- IQ versus EQ
- 4 domains of Emotional Intelligence
- Methods of providing guidance and support
- Methods of engaging stakeholders
- Methods of communication
Develop And Manage Governance Processes
- Why governance?
- Develop governance processes for corporate compliance management
- My role in governance
- Implement governance processes
- Non-compliance and risks
- Option for self-improvement
Who Should Attend
Team leaders who lead and manage a team in an organization
Statement of Attainment
Participants who fulfil all requirements will receive a Statement of Attainment (SOA) issued by the SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG).
- Course Reference Number CRS-Q-0034096-LPM
- Duration 2 days (16 hours)
- Mode of Training Blended
- Level WSQ Level 4
Organisational Development Concepts