Bake with Chef Jerry
Maintain Safe and Secure Working Environment (Baking)
Working in the baking and pastry industry involves much more than just baking bread. Bakers must follow daily production schedules to bake products in sufficient quantities while maintaining food safety and hygiene, maintaining consistent quality, maintaining safe and secure working environment and maintaining clean equipments.
This course enables learners to have the knowledge and application skills in maintaining safe and secure working environment in a baking operational set up. Learners are trained on proper lifting, pulling & pushing techniques, handling hazardous materials, using tools and equipment in a safe manner and thereby maintaining a safe work environment.
- Maintain safe work environment
- Use proper lifting, pushing
- Use equipment safely
- Follow directions for handling hazardous materials
- Importance of good personal hygiene
- Impact of good personal hygiene on prevention of foodborne illnesses
- Hand washing procedures
- Importance of working only when in good health
- Environmental Public Health (Food Hygiene) Regulations
Who Should Attend
All food and beverage personnel
Participants who fulfil all requirements will be certified with a Statement of Attainment (SOA) issued by the SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG).
- Duration 1 day