Online Essentials (Web and Outlook)
This module sets out essential concepts and skills relating to web browsing, effective information search, online communication and e-mail. On completion of this module the candidate will be able to:
- Understand web browsing and online security concepts.
- Use the web browser and manage browser settings, bookmarks, and web outputs.
- Search effectively for online information and critically evaluate web content.
- Understand key copyright and data protection issues.
- Understand concepts of online communities, communications and email.
- Send, receive e-mails and manage email settings.
- Organise and search emails and use calendars.
Who Should Attend This Course
This course is intended for learners with little or no knowledge in browsing the Internet and performing search for information online safely, use an email application for communication and to manage appointments and meetings using a Calendar.
The learner must be able to:
- read, write, speak and understand English (Work Place Literacy Level 4 – lower secondary level)
- operate a computer and use input devices such as the keyboard and mouse
- Course Code AC15
- Duration 2 days (16 hours of training), 9:00am - 6:00pm
- Level All levels
Web Browsing Concepts