Provide Quality Service – Customer Management
Cleaning Services Training Course
Provide Quality Service is a module in WSQ Environmental Cleaning to improve the cleaning workforce’s knowledge, skills and attitude in their services. This includes maintaining good personal grooming and hygiene standards, proper interactions with customers and provide quality service delivery. This is also aligned with the government’s plan to upgrade the image and professionalism of the cleaning workforce.
Customer Management (Level 1) – Provide Quality Services
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate personal care and hygiene habits.
- Address customer needs and expectation according to company requirements.
- Clarify details of urgent customer needs and degree of urgency with a customer.
- Identify potential difficulties in service delivery and the appropriate action to take according to legislative and company requirements.
- Raise information relevant to service challenges.
- Respond to service challenges appropriately according to the nature of the challenges and service recovery procedures.
- Identify possible solutions to service challenges and assess likelihood of associated problems using available information.
What will you learn
Unit 1: Keeping Customers Happy
- Personal Care and Hygiene
- Professional and Positive Image
- Attitude versus Behaviour
- Customer Needs and Expectation
- Principles of Effective Communication
- Active Listening and Empathy
Unit 2: Health and Safety, and Regulation
- Cleaning Tools and Equipment
- Industry Standards and Regulatory Requirements
- Organisational Requirepemtns and Procedures
Unit 3: Ensuring Quality of Service
- Escalate Service Challenges
- Problem-Solving Tools and Techniques
- Respond to Service Challenges
- Multiple-choice questions
- Role play
You will receive a WSQ Statement of Attainment (SOA) upon successful completion of this module and its assessment.
- 21 years and above.
- Speak, listen and read English at a proficiency level not lower than Workplace Literacy (WPL) Level 2, and manipulate numbers at a level not lower than Workplace Numeracy (WPN) Level 2.
- Never attended school; pre-primary / kindergarten education; primary education without Primary School Leaving Certificate (PSLE) / Primary School Proficiency Certificate (PSPE) or equivalent; PSLE / PSPE or equivalent.
- Less than 1 year of work experience in environmental services industry as a General Cleaner.
- Course Reference Number Pending
- Duration 2 Days
- Mode of Training Classroom