Comply With Workplace Safety & Health Policies & Procedures
WSH Course for Cleaning Industry
This course (CLWSHO) is developed to train cleaning professionals in applying WSH for the cleaning industry by providing them with occupational health and safety training. This allows them to perform cleaning services safely in accordance with workplace safety and health regulations and organisational procedures.
Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) Practices Implementation (Level 1) – Comply with WSH Policies and Procedures
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- State the importance of WSH.
- Identify risks, hazards and unsafe acts present in the work environment.
- Participate in WSH practices within scope of own role and responsibilities, to prevent accidents or minimise risks.
- Raise unsafe acts or conditions with supervisor according to company procedures.
Workplace Safety and Health course content:
Unit 1: Safe Work Practices and Risk Control
- Industry Standards and Regulatory Requirements
- Personal Care and Hygiene
- Workplace Risks
- Safety Signs and Symbols
- Risk Control Measures and Machine Safety
Unit 2: Potential Hazards and Unsafe Work Practices
- Reporting WSH Issues
- Causes of Hazards and Unsafe Acts and Work Conditions
- Preventive Measures for Potential Accidents
- Machine Safety Devices
Unit 3: Workplace Emergency Response
- Types of Emergencies
- Emergency Response Procedures
- Emergency Response Equipment and Supplies
- Multiple-choice questions
- Oral questioning
You will receive a Statement of Attainment (SOA) from SkillsFuture Singapore upon successful completion of this module and its assessment.
- 21 years and above.
- Speak, listen and read English at a proficiency level not lower than Workplace Literacy (WPL) Level 2, and manipulate numbers at a level not lower than Workplace Numeracy (WPN) Level 2.
- Never attended school; pre-primary / kindergarten education; primary education without Primary School Leaving Certificate (PSLE) / Primary School Proficiency Certificate (PSPE) or equivalent; PSLE / PSPE or equivalent.
- Less than 1 year of work experience in environmental services industry as a General Cleaner, Waste Collection Attendant or Waste Recycling Sorter.
- Course Reference Number CRS-Q-0037051-EVS
- Duration 1 Day (8 hours)
- Mode of Training Classroom
Focus Learning Centre Pte. Ltd.