WSQ Provide Indian Head Massage
Indian Head Massage Course
This Indian Head Massage Course, with hands-on Indian head massage training, provides the knowledge and skills in providing Indian head massage for spa & massage therapists. After this massage course, learners will be able to apply Indian head massage service at spa or massage workplaces.
What will you learn
- Ensure a safe and hygienic workplace, provide a suitable environment for Indian Head massage
- Purpose and types of oil used for Indian Head massage
- Use a combination of traditional Indian techniques and westernised techniques applied through the clothes to a client in a seated position to promote blood & lymphatic flow to the head, neck and shoulders
- Apply leveling and grounding through meditation and deep breathing based on Eastern tradition to balance the higher chakras (the throat chakra, the brow chakra (or third eye) and the crown chakra) for relief of stress and tension.
- Consult with client to confirm suitability for treatment including contraindication, carry out visual assessment, benefits & effects, review & update client profile
- Understand the principles of safe and effective practice, types of oil used, contraindication to massage such as skin disorders, chronic diseases
- Suitable after care advice to sustain the effects of treatment
Who should take this course
Apply to equip therapists with knowledge and application skills to provide Indian head massage at a spa or massage establishment.
Participants who fulfil all requirements will be certified with a Statement of Attainment (SOA) issued by the SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG). This course is one of the modules leading to WSQ Advanced Certificate in Spa Services.
- Duration 3 Days
Singapore Spa Institute