WSQ Provide Infant Massage
Infant Massage Course
This infant massage course provides hands on baby massage training. Our infant massage instructor will teach a variety of massage strokes and styles, how to vary pressure, rhythm, length of the massage and how to respond to the infant’s body language.
On completion of these infant massage training, learners will have the knowledge and application skills to perform infant massage at spa or massage workplaces.
What will you learn
- Project professional image, ensure a safe and hygienic workplace, provide a suitable environment for the infant massage treatment.
- Consult with infant’s parent/caregiver to confirm suitability for treatment including contraindication, benefits & effects, review & update client profile.
- Carrying out visual assessment of infant to identify body conditions.
- Selecting an appropriate baby massage oil.
- Learn the elements of bonding in infant massage (direct eye contact, sense of smell, soothing voice, affectionate tactile stimulation and synchronised breathing).
- Types and effects of infant massage routine encompassing three traditions (Indian milking, Swedish massage and reflexology).
- Suitable after care advice to sustain the effects of treatment.
- Obtaining feedback and reinstating work area.
Who should take this course
Apply this massage course to equip therapists with knowledge and application skills to provide infant massage at a spa or massage establishment. Also suitable for learners who wish to be eligible as infant massage therapists.
Participants who fulfil all requirements will be certified with a Statement of Attainment (SOA) issued by the SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG). This course is one of the modules leading to WSQ Advanced Certificate in Spa Services.
- Duration 2 Days
Singapore Spa Institute