WSQ Provide Seated Chair Massage
Chair Massage Course
What is Seated Chair Massage
Seated Chair Massage is a style of short massage – typically 10 or 15 minutes – and focuses on back, shoulders, neck and arms. Seated in a special chair with face resting in a cradle, the massage is done over clothes and doesn’t require any massage oil.
Chair Massage Training
In this Chair Massage Course, learners will gain the knowledge and application skills in providing seated chair massage. After this massage course, learners will be able to apply seated chair massage service at spa or massage workplaces.
This hands-on training is recommended for those who wish to know more about our body systems and acquire a mastery of the classical massage techniques.
To equip therapists with knowledge and application skills to provide Seated Chair massage at a spa or massage establishment.
What will you learn
- Ensure a safe and hygienic workplace, provide a suitable environment for seated chair massage.
- Muscles and location of stress points of the neck, shoulder and back.
- Sequence & steps in seated chair for stress management, types and effects of different massage movements on the neck, shoulder, back and upper limb.
- Consult with client on suitability, check for contraindication by reviewing purpose of treatment & update client profile.
- Safe and effective practice, contraindication such as skin conditions and disorders.
- Suitable after care advice to sustain the effects of treatment.
Who should take this course
Apply to equip therapists with knowledge and application skills to provide seated chair massage at a spa or massage establishment.
Participants who fulfil all requirements will be certified with a Statement of Attainment (SOA) issued by the SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG). This course is one of the modules leading to WSQ Advanced Certificate in Spa Services.
- Course Reference Number TGS-2009500349
- Duration 4 Days
- Mode of Training Classroom
Singapore Spa Institute Pte. Ltd.