Develop Team Leaders Through Capability Development and Coaching
Part of the Leadership and People Management courses, Enable People focuses on people development within the organization.
Organizational success is very much dependent on strategies developed by its leaders. It is therefore essential for organization to have leadership development program and training in place to enable capability and skills development of employees.
What will you learn
This course focuses on three core competencies of developing leaders:
- Identify team leaders’ skill requirements
- Facilitate learning opportunities of team leaders
- Coach team leaders
Course Content: People Development
Organisational Strategies And Business Plan
- What is people development?
- Why is people development important?
- Roles and trends in people development
- Emerging trends in people development
- Industry codes of practice in people development
- Organisational policies and procedures relating to capability development
- Legal and ethical considerations in capability development
Current Skills Vs Required Skills
- What is competency?
- What is a competency gap?
- Five dimensions of competency
- Training Needs Analysis (TNA)
- BPLL Model in Training Needs Analysis
- SPL Model in Training Needs Analysis
- McGhee and Thayer’s Three Level Analysis
- Methods to identify skills requirements
- Trends in Training Needs Analysis
- Emerging trends in talent management
- The 5 levels of proficiency
Conducting A Discussion
- The PIES questioning technique
- The process of active listening
- Establish possible learning priorities
- Critical success factors
- Planning to conduct discussion
- The ISA approach to conducting discussion
- GROW model of coaching
- ADDIE instructional design
- Impact of coaching on individuals
Review Coaching Outcomes Against Coaching Goals
- Monitor progress
- Discussion guide
- Review outcomes
Who Should Attend this course
Department Manager, Manager
Statement of Attainment
Participants who fulfil all requirements will receive a Statement of Attainment (SOA) issued by the SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG).
- Duration 2 days (16 hours)
- Level WSQ Level 4
Organisational Development Concepts