Enhanced Training Support Package and Enhanced Absentee Payroll
The Enhanced Training Support Package (ETSP) is part of the Stabilisation and Support Package and supplementary Resilience Budget announced by DPM Heng Swee Keat. The ETSP will be time-limited to cover eligible courses in selected sectors starting before 1 Jan 2021. This is to help selected sectors tide over the economic impact of COVID-19, and to help them position themselves for subsequent recovery.
Companies in selected sectors that are directly and critically impacted by COVID-19 are eligible for enhanced Absentee Payroll at 90% of hourly basic salary, capped at $10 per hour, and enhanced Course Fee support at up to 90% of course fees.
For more details, please refer to the Enhanced Training Support Package.
What is Enhanced Training Support for SMEs
The Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (ETSS) offers support for SMEs to send their employees for training. Through the Skills Development Fund (SDF), training grants are available for companies sponsoring employees who are either a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident, including:
- Higher Course Fee Grant: SMEs enjoy SkillsFuture Funding of up to 90% of the course fees when they sponsor their employees to attend courses supported by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG)
- Enhanced Absentee Payroll (AP) Funding: SMEs may claim AP funding of 80% of basic hourly salary at a higher cap of $7.50 per hour, an increase over the normal cap of $4.50 per hour.
Criteria for Enhanced Training Support for SMEs
SMEs that meet all of the following eligibility criteria:
- Registered or incorporated in Singapore
- At least 30% local shareholding by Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents
- Employment size of not more than 200 (at group level) or with annual sales turnover (at group level) of not more than $100 million
- Trainees must be hired in accordance with the Employment Act and fully sponsored by their employers for the course
- Trainees must be Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents
|CET Centre courses and CET courses offered by the Autonomous Universities, Polytechnics and ITE1||Up to 90% course fee grant|
|Certifiable courses||Up to 90% course fee grant capped at $25 per hour||Up to 90% course fee grant capped at $50 per hour|
|In-house certifiable training||Course fee grant at $15 per hour|
|Absentee Payroll funding||80% of basic hourly salary, capped at $7.50 per hour|
1These include the following courses:
- SSG-supported short courses offered by the Autonomous Universities;
- Part-time Diploma, Advanced Diploma, Specialist Diploma, part-time Industry Skills Certificates (ISC), part-time NITEC, part-time Higher NITEC, and SSG-supported short courses offered by the Polytechnics and ITE.