What is Enhanced Training Support for SMEs
The Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (ETSS funding) offers support for SMEs to send their employees for training. Through the Skills Development Fund (SDF), training grants are available for companies sponsoring employees who are either a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident, including:
- Higher Course Fee Grant: SMEs enjoy SkillsFuture Funding of up to 90% of the course fees when they sponsor their employees to attend courses supported by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG)
- Enhanced Absentee Payroll (AP) Funding: SMEs may claim AP funding of 80% of basic hourly salary at a higher cap of $7.50 per hour, an increase over the normal cap of $4.50 per hour.
Criteria for Enhanced Training Support for SMEs
SMEs that meet all of the following eligibility criteria:
- Registered or incorporated in Singapore
- At least 30% local shareholding by Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents
- Employment size of not more than 200 (at group level) or with annual sales turnover (at group level) of not more than $100 million
- Trainees must be hired in accordance with the Employment Act and fully sponsored by their employers for the course
- Trainees must be Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents
Revisions to Absentee Payroll funding
From 1 January 2022, Absentee Payroll (AP) funding will be revised. The revised Absentee Payroll rate will be fixed at $4.50 per hour and there will be a $100,000 cap on the maximum Absentee Payroll funding each company can claim for each year.
Absentee Payroll funding under the Workfare Skills Support (WSS) Scheme, which is currently at 95% of hourly basic salary will remain unchanged. Claims under the WSS AP funding will not count towards the $100,000 cap per company.
Please also take note of SkillsFuture Funding Adjustment beginning Jan 2022.
|CET Centre courses and CET courses offered by the Autonomous Universities, Polytechnics and ITE1||Up to 90% course fee grant|
|Certifiable courses||Up to 90% course fee grant capped at $25 per hour||Up to 90% course fee grant capped at $50 per hour|
|In-house certifiable training||Course fee grant at $15 per hour|
|Absentee Payroll funding||80% of basic hourly salary, capped at $7.50 per hour|
SkillsFuture Funding for Employers
1These include the following courses:
- SSG-supported short courses offered by the Autonomous Universities;
- Part-time Diploma, Advanced Diploma, Specialist Diploma, part-time Industry Skills Certificates (ISC), part-time NITEC, part-time Higher NITEC, and SSG-supported short courses offered by the Polytechnics and ITE.