Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) and AED (Blended)
|1 Day Course
BCLS Course (CPR + AED) Singapore (Blended)
Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) course is a concise training focusing on the use of Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Automated External Defibrillator (AED) during emergencies. Basic Cardiac Life Support and AED is a nationally certified course and the guidelines are set by Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council (SRFAC).
For BCLS + AED instructor certification, please see BCLS + AED instructor course.
Why is CPR and AED usage learned in conjunction?
When CPR is performed, its purpose is to mimic the action of the heart and continue pumping blood through the body — transporting oxygen to the brain, thereby keeping it alive.
On the other hand, the purpose of the AED is to send electric shocks through the body in an effort to jumpstart the heart, allowing it to continue pumping blood to the brain.
Therefore, in the event of Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA) where there is a sudden loss of heart function, breathing & consciousness, both CPR and AED are required to ensure blood movement when the heart has ceased pumping and to restart the heart, respectively.
Basic Cardiac Life Support + AED (Practical and Asynchronous)
Course Objectives: BCLS (CPR + AED) Course
This course aims to provide relevant knowledge and skills on CPR and the relief of foreign body airway obstruction in conscious and unconscious infant and adult casualties. This course will also provide you with the knowledge and skills on how to use an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) on an adult casualty.
- Recognizing and managing heart attack
- Understanding the chain of survival
- Performing cardiopulmonary resuscitation on an adult victim
- Performing cardiopulmonary resuscitation on an infant victim
- Use of an automated external defibrillator on an adult victim
- Recognizing and managing an adult choking victim
- Recognizing and managing an infant victim
Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) and AED
Course Content: BCLS (CPR + AED) Course
- Adult Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Adult Relief of Foreign Body Airway Obstruction
- Child Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Child Relief of Foreign Body Airway Obstruction
- Infant Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Infant Relief of Foreign Body Airway Obstruction
- Application of Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
Who Should Attend
- Medical & Healthcare Professionals (Dentist and Clinic Assistants)
- Childcare Professionals in learning Infant and Children resuscitation
- Individuals interested to become Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) + AED Trainer
The Basic Cardiac Life Support + AED (BCLS + AED) course is a mandatory training course for BCLS + AED instructors-trainers. They have to attain the BCLS + AED certificate before they are eligible for instructor-trainer.
- Able to speak, read and understand English effectively as our courses are conducted in English.
- No history of underlying medical heart and lung conditions
- Physically fit with no pre-existing medical conditions such as knee, spinal or joint injury.
- Pregnant ladies are discouraged from undertaking the CPR practice due to safety reasons.
BCLS + AED certification will be issued after this course (Valid for 2 years)
If you’re interested to learn more emergency first aid procedures/ attain the relevant certification, see our other First Aid Courses →
Course Provider: Medlink Healthcare Group Pte. Ltd.
Course Reference Number: TGS-2022011373
Mode Of Training: Classroom + Online
Funding Validity Period: 10 Feb 2022 – 15 April 2025
|FULL COURSE FEE
|Singaporean 40 yrs and above
|Singaporean 21-39 yrs / PR
|E-learning + 0.5 days (5 hours)
Available in: English