Conducting Performance Discussions Successfully
Performance Appraisal Training
Performance appraisal is an unavoidable supervisory activity as employees look forward to understand how their superior views their performance. Linking performance appraisal to rewards makes the session even more sensitive to handle.
Just how can the appraiser handle such a delicate situation with control and confidence? How can the appraiser deal with different employee styles? How can the appraiser give feedback based on well documented facts? What are the characteristics of a good interview that appraisers can emulate?
This performance appraisal training is designed to equip managers and supervisors with a holistic perspective to managing staff performance, practical insights to manage staff performance confidently, as well as useful tools to help:
- Determine performance expectations and work targets
- Monitor staff progress in performance
- Provide conducive timely feedback
- Assess performance objectively and consistently
- Facilitate effective coaching, check-in conversations, and appraisal discussions
Having employees understand about performance reviews is also beneficial for an effective performance management system.
Conducting Performance Discussions Successfully (Synchronous e-learning)
At Course Completion, participants will be able to:
- Adopt a regular and continuous approach to manage staff performance successfully
- Set performance and behavioural expectations for staff based on their job duties and organisational requirement
- Monitor staff performance accurately in order to provide conducive and timely feedback
- Assess staff performance in a consistent manner so as to maintain their credibility as an objective and fair leader
- Engage different employee types in appraisal discussion and discuss performance issues with the correct focus
- Improve on the effectiveness of how learning & development plans has been carried out within their teams
Who should attend?
- Aspiring Professionals, Managers and Executives (PMEs) who have yet to lead a team but are interested to be future-ready for the opportunity
- All team and project leaders, supervisors, executives and managers who need to appraise their staff
- Existing leaders and managers who have challenges in managing their staff performance or in engaging their staff for appraisal discussions
Participants who fulfil all requirements will receive a Statement of Attainment (SOA) issued by the SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG).
- Course Reference Number CRS-Q-0040303-PTP
- Duration 2 Days
- Mode of Training Classroom
EON Consulting & Training Pte Ltd