Leading as a New Supervisor
Leading with Confidence
Are you new supervisor, leading a team of people who are more experienced than you? Do you hope to push for healthy changes within your team but are not sure how and where to start?
Whether you are leading a small team or multiple teams, training to become an effective supervisor is possible if you can appreciate the science and be shown the way early in your supervision journey. By developing leadership and effective supervisory management skills, you will be able to communicate with and motivate your team to perform, rather than constantly firefighting.
This course is part of the Office Management series on Coursemology.
What will you learn
- Appreciate the roles and functions of a supervisor
- Understand the critical success factors to having and sustaining a high performing team
- Apply the coaching model to facilitate workplace learning and change
- Use basic problem solving model to plan and prioritise workplace changes
Who should attend?
Supervisors, professionals in supervisory management roles, team leaders and assistant managers who aspire to be more effective leaders.
New Supervisor Training Course
What does being a supervisor mean?
- Understand the change in roles and responsibilities of a supervisor
- Common challenges faced upon taking up the role
- Importance of lifelong learning for a supervisor
- Understand the different types of leadership styles
- Understand the different types of personalities
- Appreciate the qualities of a successful leader
Working through others
- Understand the different types of motivation based on Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs
- Steps to creating a motivating environment
- Creating synergies in teams
Sustaining high performing teams
- Aspects of the onboarding process
- The Commitment Curve
- Managing performance
Coaching for change
- The GROW Coaching Model
- Managing change
- The Dialogue Model
- The Consequences and Benefits Matrix
Getting the problems solved
- Understand and appreciate The Problem Solving Model
- Explore the techniques of using The Problem Solving Toolkit
- Prioritising problems
Making the right decisions
- Understand the different types of decisions
- Develop decision-making skills
- Understand and avoid decision-making traps
- Course Reference Number CRS-N-0044489
- Duration 2 Days
- Mode of Training Classroom