What Skillset do you wish to acquire?
What is PDPA
The Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) provides a baseline standard of protection for personal data in Singapore. It comprises various requirements governing the collection, use, disclosure and care of personal data in Singapore.
Organisations are required to comply with the various data protection obligations if they undertake activities relating to the collection, use or disclosure of personal data. PDPA is enforced and administered by the Personal Data Protection Commission (PDPC).
PDPA Course identifies and communicates key legislative and regulatory requirements of the Personal Data Protection Act. It trains participants in assessing, documenting and reporting potential areas of non-compliance with regard to policies, procedures and business activities.
Participants will also learn to assist in the integration of procedures to ensure compliance, as well as preparing management report for follow-up.
Fundamentals of the Personal Data Protection Act 2020
On completion of the course, the participant should be able to:
- Identify legislative and regulatory requirements under the PDPA that the organisation has to comply with;
- Communicate key legislative and regulatory requirements under the PDPA and related management systems to relevant stakeholders to facilitate compliance;
- Assess the organisation’s internal policies and procedures to ensure compliance;
- Identify and document areas of non-compliance in business activities;
- Assist in review of the organisation’s guidelines / policies for adherence to requirements under the PDPA;
- Assist in the implementation of procedures to ensure adherence to requirements under the PDPA in the day-to-day operations of the organisation; and
- Prepare management report for follow-up action.
With the above-mentioned knowledge, participants will be able to carry out the following:
- Obtain consent to collect, use or disclose individuals’ personal data
- Allow individuals to withdraw consent
- Collect, use or disclose personal data only for the purpose for which consent was obtained
- Notify individuals of the purposes for the collection, use or disclosure of their personal data
- Correct errors or omissions in individuals’ personal data upon request
- Ensure accuracy and completeness in the collection of personal data
- Cease retention or anonymize personal data when it is no longer necessary for business or legal purposes
Participants who fulfil all requirements will receive a Statement of Attainment (SOA) issued by the SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG).
Course Provider: To be Advised
UEN: To be Advised
Course Reference Number: To be Advised
Mode Of Training: Classroom
Funding Validity Period: To be Advised
|FULL COURSE FEE||To be Advised|
Available in: English
Book Class Now!
Contact Us On Whatsapp
Contact Us Now On Whatsapp
+65 6255 5584